Hi, I'm Josh! I am a software engineer currently working on full-stack software projects at Microsoft. I also enjoy working on projects solving real-world problems in my spare time.
Georgia Institute of Technology
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science with concentrations in Information Internetworks and People.
Software Engineer @ Microsoft
- Independently began the development of new software tooling for security researchers by creating React web apps that interact with Azure Serverless hosted Python and TypeScript APIs.
- Developed high-performance and scalable APIs using serverless functions while supporting developers by requiring OpenAPI documentation for all services.
- Participated in product demos and feedback sessions that led to the establishment of new partnerships with other teams to share and ingest new through teams respective APIs.
- Identified areas lacking tooling when working on assigned features to independently develop two internal tools for visualizing and creating advanced data models used by security researchers.
- Leveraged a combination of SQL and TinkerPop Graph databases to optimally store and query complex data sets while designing automated pipelines for ingesting and validating data.
Co-Op Full-Stack Engineer @ Zeal
- Created new pages on customer and admin dashboards using React, allowing for better analysis of outgoing and historical payments and interaction with third-party services.
- Expanded multi-tenant authentication system to support additional tiers of user access through the creation of Node API endpoints and the creation of new pages in a React web app.
- Developed and implemented a method for white-label applications using AWS Cloudfront, AWS Lambda, and DNS records.
- Independently developed a new React Native library for handling client onboarding through REST APIs.
Software Engineer Intern @ BetterCloud
- Built a dashboard for retrieving the operating status of different APIs using React and Java Spring, saving developers across many teams valuable time by removing four steps needed to access data.
- Improved functionality and design of BetterCloud’s customer and internal development dashboards using React and Redux connected to a Spring back-end through REST APIs.
Engineering Manager @ Bits of Good
- Served as an engineering manager for Bits of Good, an organization pairing students with local nonprofits to code custom software for different needs.
- Led the development of a mobile-first web app for an organization creating a social media network connecting young women with mentors.
- Worked with a product manager to develop a feature roadmap and coordinated work among developers by assigning tasks and providing help as needed.
- Helped Bits of Good transition to server-side rendered React projects using Next.js by developing detailed templates and documentation for implementing the technologies.
Senior Developer @ Bits of Good
- Developed a web application to streamline the process of nonprofits requesting help from Bits of Good.
- Served as lead back-end engineer, leveraging Next.js for serving API routes and server-side rendering, interacting with a MongoDB database for permanent storage.
Team Lead @ SquatBuddy
- Formed a startup as part of Create-X Capstone focusing on providing detailed analytics of workouts.
- Developed a physical device for tracking the performance and quality of a workout while preventing possible injuries.
- Led development of software and embedded technology using machine learning and computer vision for analysis.
- Formulated implementation plans through repeated rounds of market research, physical prototypes, and continuous code optimizations.