Hi, I'm Josh! I'm a Computer Science major at Georgia Tech. I began programming at a young age by teaching myself Python, and I've been hooked ever since. I am an experienced full-stack engineer, and I enjoy working on projects solving real-world problems in my spare time.
Georgia Institute of Technology
Pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science concentrating in Information Internetworks and People.
Software Engineer Intern @ BetterCloud
- Built a dashboard for retrieving the operating status of different APIs using React and Java Spring, saving developers across many teams valuable time by removing four steps needed to access data.
- Improved functionality and design of BetterCloud’s customer and internal development dashboards using React and Redux connected to a Spring back-end through REST APIs.
Engineering Manager @ Bits of Good
- Currently serving as a manager for Bits of Good, an organization pairing students with local nonprofits to code custom software for different needs.
- Led development of a mobile-first web app for Liv2BGirl, a social media network connecting young women with mentors.
- Worked with a product manager to develop a feature roadmap and coordinated work among developers by assigning tasks and providing help as needed.
- Helped Bits of Good transition to server-side rendered React projects using Next.js by developing detailed templates and documentation for implementing the technologies.
Senior Developer @ Bits of Good
- Developed a web application to streamline the process of nonprofits requesting help from Bits of Good.
- Served as lead back-end engineer, leveraging Next.js for serving API routes and server-side rendering, interacting with a MongoDB database for permanent storage.
Team Lead @ SquatBuddy
- Formed a startup as part of Create-X Capstone focusing on providing detailed analytics of workouts.
- Developed a physical device for tracking the performance and quality of a workout while preventing possible injuries.
- Led development of software and embedded technology using machine learning and computer vision for analysis.
- Formulated implementation plans through repeated rounds of market research, physical prototypes, and continuous code optimizations.
In the past few years, front-end development has grown into my greatest passion. I've always had an interest in design, and I find front-end enjoyable through its similarity.
Back-end development is my greatest strength, as I have several years of experience with different languages and frameworks. Java is my strongest language, and I frequently use it for servers, data analysis, and apps. Node.js and Next.js are recent additions to my skill set, and I am now using them in the majority of my personal projects because of their strength and simplicity.