Hi, I'm Josh! I'm a third-year Computer Science major at Georgia Tech. I began programming at a young age by teaching myself Python, and I've been hooked ever since. I am an experienced full-stack engineer, and I enjoy working on projects solving real-world problems in my spare time.
Georgia Institute of Technology
Pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science concentrating in Information Internetworks and People.
Tech Lead @ Bits of Good
- Currently serving as a Tech Lead for Bits of Good, an organization pairing students with nonprofits to code them custom software.
Senior Developer @ Bits of Good
- Developed a web application to streamline the process of nonprofits requesting help from Bits of Good.
- Served as lead back-end engineer, leveraging Next.js for API hosting and server-side rendering, interacting with a MongoDB database for permanent storage.
- Collaborated with a designer and product manager to design the front-end using React and Redux.
Software Engineer Intern @ BetterCloud
- Improved functionality and UX of BetterCloud’s customer and internal development dashboards using React.js and Redux interfacing with a Spring back-end.
- Implemented a new REST endpoint with Java Spring and a dashboard in React.js for viewing and organizing this data, saving developers across many teams valuable time.
- Bits of Good: Joining Bits of Good has been one of my greatest decisions since coming to Georgia Tech. The club connects students with local nonprofits to develop web apps for challenges they are facing. Last semester, my team developed a solution for onboarding new nonprofits and helping communicate with them throughout the entire development process.
- Create-X: Last semester I created a startup as part of Create-X Capstone Design. Provided with mentorship and resources, my team developed an idea and then developed prototypes to explore market demand. Our resulting project explored machine learning and computer vision in the healthcare industry to increase safety while exercising.
In the past few years, front-end development has grown into my greatest passion. I've always had an interest in design, and I find front-end enjoyable through its similarity.
Back-end development is my greatest strength, as I have several years of experience with different languages and frameworks. Java is my strongest language, and I frequently use it for servers, data analysis, and apps. Node.js and Next.js are recent additions to my skill set, and I am now using them in the majority of my personal projects because of their strength and simplicity.