Hi, I'm Josh! I'm a third-year Computer Science major at the Georgia Institute of Technology. I began programming at a young age by teaching myself Python, and I've been hooked ever since. I have experience with full-stack programming, and I have worked on many projects focusing on desktop, mobile, and web platforms. Efficiency and design are very important principles to me, and I love creating websites and apps that simplify user experience.
Software Engineer Intern @ BetterCloud
- Intern for BetterCloud's Workflows team responsible for developing end-user functionality.
- Worked on functionality and UX of BetterCloud’s customer and internal development dashboards using React and Redux interfacing with a Spring back-end.
Georgia Institute of Technology
Currently pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science concentrating in Intelligence and Information Internetworks.
- CS 3600 - Intro to Artificial Intelligence
- CS 2340 - Objects and Design
- CS 2110 - Computer Organization and Programming
- CS 1332 - Data Structures and Algorithms
- CS 1331 - Intro to Object Oriented Programming
- CS 2050 - Intro to Discrete Math
- Bits of Good: I recently joined Bits of Good, a club that connects with local nonprofits and develops web apps for problems they are facing. My team is developing a solution for onboarding new nonprofits, and helping communicate with them throughout the entire development process.
- Create-X: This semester I joined a program focused on creating a startup as part of Create-X Capstone Design. Provided with mentorship and resources, we're tasked with formulating an idea, and then designing and manufacturing prototypes to explore market demand. My team is currently exploring solutions with computer vision and machine learning.
In the past few years, front-end development has grown into one of my greatest passions. Through internships and personal projects, I have been able to greatly improve my front-end development skills:
- While interning at BetterCloud, I worked on two large dashboards in React.js. Most of this work was creating new pages and components for an internal developer dashboard, and interfacing with internal APIs to retrieve data. I also worked on solving UX bugs on BetterCloud's customer dashboards in React and CSS. Both of these projects included creating tests in Jest to verify expected style and functionality.
- Most of my personal projects are written in React.js. A few of my projects also use Redux, including Redux-Thunk and Redux-Saga.
While I have been working on improving my skills in front-end code, I have also been focusing on back-end development to gain a solid understanding of architecture:
- During my internship at BetterCloud, I implemented a new REST endpoint in a Java Spring server, enabling live data to be retrieved for status monitoring. I later created a new page in an internal development dashboard for displaying and filtering this data, which greatly simplified retrieval and saved developers valuable time.
- Lately, I have been placing a larger emphasis on server-side rendering, and have been including it in most of my full-stack projects. I have been using Next.js in my SSR projects because of its integration with React.js.
- I also have experience creating APIs in Node.js, Django, and Flask. I recently shifted towards a serverless stack to save resources, so my projects are now hosted on Zeit Now, Firebase, and AWS.