Hi, I'm Josh! I'm a Computer Science major at Georgia Tech. I began programming at a young age by teaching myself Python, and I've been hooked ever since. I am an experienced full-stack engineer, and I enjoy working on projects solving real-world problems in my spare time.
Georgia Institute of Technology
Pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science concentrating in Information Internetworks and People.
Software Engineer Intern @ BetterCloud
- Improved functionality and UX of BetterCloud’s customer and internal development dashboards using React.js and Redux interfacing with a Spring back-end.
- Implemented a new REST endpoint with Java Spring and a dashboard in React.js for viewing and organizing this data, saving developers across many teams valuable time.
Engineering Manager @ Bits of Good
- Currently serving as Engineering Manager for Liv2BGirl, a social media network connecting young women with mentors.
- Serving as lead engineer and architect, overseeing all junior and senior engineers for the team.
- Creating a developer roadmap, running scrum meetings for engineers, and serving as the intermediary between the product, design, and engineering teams.
Senior Developer @ Bits of Good
- Developed a web application to streamline the process of nonprofits requesting help from Bits of Good, an organization pairing students with local nonprofits to code custom software for different needs.
- Served as lead back-end engineer, leveraging Next.js for API hosting and server-side rendering, interacting with a MongoDB database for permanent storage.
- Collaborated with a designer and product manager to design the front-end using React and Redux.
Team Lead @ Create-X
I created a startup as part of Create-X Capstone Design at Georgia Tech. Provided with mentorship and resources, my team developed an idea and then developed prototypes to explore market demand. Our resulting project explored machine learning and computer vision in the healthcare industry to increase safety while exercising.
In the past few years, front-end development has grown into my greatest passion. I've always had an interest in design, and I find front-end enjoyable through its similarity.
Back-end development is my greatest strength, as I have several years of experience with different languages and frameworks. Java is my strongest language, and I frequently use it for servers, data analysis, and apps. Node.js and Next.js are recent additions to my skill set, and I am now using them in the majority of my personal projects because of their strength and simplicity.